America's Finest Branzino
Launched in the spring of 2013, Ideal Fish is a state-of-the-art recirculating aquaculture system (RAS) company dedicated to bringing fresh fish to local markets. As the only commercial-scale, salt-water facility of its kind in the Northeast, our responsibly and sustainably raised Branzino can go from our waters to your kitchen within hours of order placement.
What Is RAS?
Instead of the traditional method of growing fish outdoors in open ocean sea cages, a RAS operation rears fish in a closed containment system with a “controlled” environment. Recirculating systems filter and clean the water for recycling back through to the fish, recovering waste products that can be used as fertilizer for vegetable production in local farms.
Want to learn more? Watch video below…
Advantages Of RAS Farming
- This method can achieve the optimal growing environment. This creates a stable and predictable production basis 365 days a year. Little to no outside influences or pathogens can affect the fish.
- RAS addresses the growing demand for greener, cleaner, safer, transparent and more sustainable methods of growing fish.
- Low water requirement as the large majority of the water is cleaned then recirculated.
- Significant reduction in disease due to the ability of the operator to control all aspects of the fish raising.
- The fish are free from any Hormones, Antibiotics or Chemicals.
High production of quality fish in a relatively small area with a limited supply of water and land.
- The flexibility to locate production facilities near large markets including “inland” locations and “food deserts.”