Ideal Fish is the only company in North America raising Branzino (European Sea Bass).
With full control of the environment from fry to harvest we are able to create the perfect growing conditions for our fish. We raise our fish in a RAS (Recirculating Aquaculture System) This cutting edge technology allows us to grow sea-going fish, in saltwater, on land here in Waterbury, Connecticut. RAS has allowed us to address all of the issues that have plagued open ocean pen farms since the beginning: Environmental Pollution, Escapes, Chemical Use… Add general pollution and the increase in ocean temperature, our method is clearly the most sustainable form of aquaculture available in the world.
- The highest quality Branzino available in the US – Raised, processed, and packaged in-house.
- Whole fish are prepared for cooking: scaled, gutted and fin-clipped.
- 100% Free of Hormones and Antibiotics.
- The perfect growing environment for our fish produces a superior product.
- We are a domestic company that supports our local community.
- Our fish are served by some of the finest eating establishments and retail stores on the East Coast.
- Featured in the New York Times Food Section, November 2018.